Friday, June 4, 2010

Funeral Card Friday -- Mabel Johnson Ellis

Earlier this week I was invited to an event called "Funeral Card Friday" by Dee Akard Wellborn at Funeral Cards and Genealogy.  This event takes place the first Friday of every month and you are encouraged to share any funeral cards or programs you may have.  Sounds like a great idea to me so here is my first submission.

Mabel Johnson Ellis was my first 'granny-in-law'. She was one of the first people to hold my first born son other than me and his dad. I sure wish that I could have spent more time with her before she passed.  I gave my daughter the middle name of Ellis in her honor.

I was the soloist at her funeral.  That sure is a hard thing to do when it is for someone you are close to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site