Friday, June 25, 2010

Marriage Certificate of Niels Madsen and Becky H. Bake

Here is another document I was able to get a copy of while I was at the Bear Lake County Courthouse in Idaho last May.


This is a copy of the official certificate that is recorded in a great big book.  The marriage between Nels (should say Niels) Madsen and Becky H. Bake both of Bloomington in the presence of Christian Madsen and Christian Nelson were married in Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho Territory on Feb 14th A.D. 1877 by George Osmond, Probate Judge.  It was recorded at the request of J. C. Rich, County Recorder.

The witness Christian Madsen was Niel's brother.  I haven't been able to figure out who the Christian Nelson is.  This is the first time I have ever seen Rebecca Hannah Baker referred to as Becky.

According to the Osmond Family Tree, The George Osmond that married my great-great grandparents is the great-grandfather of "The Osmonds".  Could this be my claim to fame -- LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site