Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Smedley Marriage Certificate


Grace Ellen Poulsen & Calvin Buck Smedley
This is a copy of the marriage certificate for my paternal grandparents. Grandma sent it to me years ago when I was still a teenager (wouldn't want to do that again).  She was always good at sending me stuff like this and I didn't even have to ask.
She even made sure that all three of us kids had a Book of Remembrance and it was full of Smedley and Poulsen related pedigree sheets and family histories.



This photo was taken at their 50th wedding anniversary in 1970.  I will let you guess which one is me.

Friday is 91st anniversary of their wedding.




This newspaper article about their 60th wedding anniversary has been sitting in my Book of Remembrance for years.  Unfortunately I don't remember how I came to have it. Did I cut it out? Did grandma send it to me, or did mom cut it out?  Did it come from the Idaho State Journal? Or maybe the Paris Post?

If I have learned nothing else since my beginning years of genealogy and family history research, I have learned to NOTE WHERE THE THING CAME FROM!






Below is the napkin that I brought home from the 60th anniversary party.



Forty-five years to go for me and hubby!



2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Leslie Ann! Love the 1970 photo. Your grandmother certainly knew who to pass these things along to, didn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. marriage registration Delhi, marriage registration in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site